We are seeking an experienced sales professional to join our team and lead our business expansion by selling cloud services to new clients based in Silicon Valley and the Greater Bay Area. This is an outside sales role responsible for driving new business in mid-market companies.
Cloud Brigade is a professional cloud consulting company. As a Managed Service Provider (MSP) we help small to medium size businesses design, deploy, monitor and maintain services in the cloud. We use technology to enable our customers to achieve their goals such as accelerating their business growth, bringing more value to their customers and creating efficiencies for their internal teams.
The ideal candidate loves to sell. He or she sees sales as an awesome profession, one that is worth mastering. They relish the challenge of growing a small, high potential company into a market leader.
We are looking for a sale professional that gets technology. They will be working with prospects and clients to identify opportunities to use Cloud Solutions to solve problems and objectives. They will guide our clients to the right solutions by optimizing Cloud pricing and performing Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) Analysis.
Cloud Brigade is headquartered in Santa Cruz, CA. We are expanding our customer base to San Francisco. The Sales Director would need to be in our Santa Cruz headquarters periodically for meetings and training.
- Expertise in sales process and techniques in the area of new account acquisition
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple tasks with little supervision
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical info to consulting team and clients
- Intermediate skills leveraging online communities and business network platforms such as Linkedin
- Understanding of IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Familiarity with multiple cloud technology providers such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Office 365, Google Apps, Dropbox, Ring Central
- Familiarity with cloud based solutions such as storage, CRM, marketing automation, disaster recovery, email, and unified communications
- Familiarity with Silicon Valley technology industry
- Solid understanding of corporate structure and roles
- Inclusive personality that seeks to engage people in the cloud eco-system including cloud enthusiasts, cloud technology companies, cloud consultants and, of course, our customers
Activities / Routines
- Maintain high activity levels including client calls, meetings, and networking events
- Bring positive energy to all opportunities and challenges
- Manage sales funnel from prospect to proposal to delivery
- Maintain weekly and quarterly agendas with transparency to other stakeholders
- Leverage our internal technical staff to develop powerful proposals
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of outside sales experience
- 3+ years’ experience selling IT services in the SaaS, IaaS, or PaaS environments to medium sized companies
- Proven experience building business through new account acquisition
- Experience working in Licensing Solution Provider, Large Account Reseller, Microsoft System or AWS Integrator, and/or Managed Service Provider organizations
- Completion of AWS Foundations Course
- Experience managing and building strategic relationships with Channel Partners
- Existing professional network in Silicon Valley